I advise on all areas of non-contentious property law, including residential and commercial transactions and development projects. I primarily act for property dealers and developers.
I am an accredited member of the Professional Negligence Lawyers Association.
· Purchase of a prime central London fire damaged property for £8,500,000 with primary, secondary and tertiary finance.
· Purchase of a newly constructed mixed-use let building in Battersea containing nine self-contained flats and three retail units from receivers with a five-day exchange deadline.
· Various purchases of large office buildings which have been converted into residential flats under permitted development, and thereafter sold by YVA
· Purchase of an old University Campus for residential re-development, and thereafter sold by YVA with and without tenants
· Purchase of a 19-acre vacant site in Godalming on a five-day exchange with partial planning and overage provisions. Re-developed into an estate comprising a block of flats with various lodges and a care home, and thereafter sold by YVA.
· Purchase of a development site in Clapham from receivers and which was developed into five houses, and thereafter sold by YVA
I joined YVA as a trainee in 2010, qualified in 2012 and was promoted to partner in 2014.
On the weekend I… I am an avid gym goer and enjoy a good party.
On my first day at YVA… Having joined YVA from a large organisation in Canary Wharf, the first thing I thought was it was just like one big happy family. Although YVA has grown substantially over the years, the family ethos has remained throughout. It is a very open and supportive firm to work for and once you join, no one wants to leave.
Contact Shamil Patel