Working across both the Property and Litigation departments, I act for a range of clients on all aspects of property law, from residential including sales, purchases, transfers of equity, remortgages and new builds to commercial including acquisition, disposal, finance, development and leasing. I also have expertise in property disputes.
I have worked in the Property and Litigation Departments since joining YVA in 2020.
While working in the property department, I dealt with a range of transactions:
· Two luxurious new build acquisitions in the same development for a client in a multimillion-pound deal
· Auction transactions, including dealing with five auction purchases in quick succession for a foreign investor client
· I also dealt with the transfer and remortgage of a commercial unit and business, which required the drafting of a deed of goodwill, deed of indemnity and dealing with the company shares/details to ensure that our client was able to effectively take full control of the business. This transaction took over 12 months to complete due to the nature and complexity.
In the litigation department, I have dealt with:
· A multimillion-pound claim in respect of purportedly defective Personal Protective Equipment which was supplied by our client and to be used by the Department of Health and Social Care during the coronavirus pandemic
· Applications to the Foreign Process Section of the Royal Courts of Justice to enforce foreign judgments in the UK, including a successful application for a judgment worth over 100,000 euros
· Drafting, advising and negotiation of settlement agreements in respect of both employment and property matters, including a client to be awarded £125,000 upon termination of his employment
· Commercial and residential property possession claims with extensive experience in Section 21 and Section 8 claims pursuant to the Housing Act 1988, including successfully obtaining a judgment for residential rent arrears of over £20,000
On the weekend I… enjoy going for walks on Hampstead Heath and exploring the various restaurants and museums London has to offer.
On my first day at YVA… I was invited to lunch by a trainee solicitor at the firm who was able to offer me helpful advice and guidance. I have since been grateful that this support has been extended throughout the firm which has helped me successfully navigate the early stages of my legal career.
Contact Judge-Maan Singh